For me this is a strongly private issue. Like most, I’d rather not have something so deeply personal splashed around with such vitriol, or argued by my elected officials or debated by religious extremists. Who are they to say what is right or just? It’s no ones business but mine and those I love and care about. I’m not looking over your fence or peeking in your windows. I expect the same courtesies. Glass house my friends. I am not denying your freedoms. Don’t deny me my own. But, alas, that is not our world and because my message is personal it does not have the weight of objectiveness and therefore is lost on those who object.
I saw this video posted around the interwebs lately and I think it’s a “key message”, a “sound bite” that has some merit and hopefully some chance of reaching more fearful and confused minds. Representative Steve Simon, I applaud your bravery, your impassioned words and I thank you for being a voice of reason in an unreasonable dialogue.
Tags: social policy
- Sometimes I wish for the laziness of the like button for email._______ 1 day ago
- Today, foxes and some random bowls. #dimples #pottery newbie. @ Craft Guild of Dallas instagram.com/p/ByvUgEcHlQi3…_______ 1 month ago
- Sometimes your life is held together by a little duck tape and spit. But at least it is fairy duct tape. https://t.co/x0JYsrHzTM_______ 1 month ago
- RT @SmartGrowthUSA: "Building smaller, more affordable homes is difficult when regulatory costs are high, construction costs are going up,…_______ 1 month ago
- RT @cityofdentontx: "I wouldn't be able to stay here in this house if it wasn't for this program." The Home Improvement Program helps Dent…_______ 1 month ago