Four Reasons Why the Public Health Care Option is Irrefutable from Cenk Uygur Host of The Young Turks
1. The government doesn’t have to advertise. No marketing budget means less costs to pass down to the consumer.
2. The government will not take a profit. That is about 10-30% of costs wiped out immediately. Private companies by their nature will add a certain percentage to the product for their own profit. That comes directly out of our pocket. An option that doesn’t take profit also doesn’t take as much money from us.
3. The government will have enormous negotiating leverage with drug companies and health care providers, so they can drive down the costs to the consumer even more.
4. It is an option! If it turns out that the government option does not work as well or costs more, no problem, just use the private insurance you have now. This is only an option you have in a more competitive market. Who can argue with that?
Makes sense to me…
Tags: health care
- I just accidentally shredded my fortune cookie fortune. I hope that’s not like 15 years of bad luck or something._______ 1 week ago
- Double your gift instantly! twitter.com/cityofdentontx…_______ 2 weeks ago
- Great data. Because the conversation has to include the lack of building wealth and the resulting generational pove… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 3 weeks ago
- RT @ABC: Four adult bison were released into a newly expanded habitat in Badlands National Park, near a highway where visitors will be able…_______ 3 weeks ago
- My first bosses day. Now my Darth Vader has something to fill his head with... #myteamisthebest @ Denton, Texas instagram.com/p/B3sR-hen2GQf…_______ 4 weeks ago