Four Reasons Why the Public Health Care Option is Irrefutable from Cenk Uygur Host of The Young Turks
1. The government doesn’t have to advertise. No marketing budget means less costs to pass down to the consumer.
2. The government will not take a profit. That is about 10-30% of costs wiped out immediately. Private companies by their nature will add a certain percentage to the product for their own profit. That comes directly out of our pocket. An option that doesn’t take profit also doesn’t take as much money from us.
3. The government will have enormous negotiating leverage with drug companies and health care providers, so they can drive down the costs to the consumer even more.
4. It is an option! If it turns out that the government option does not work as well or costs more, no problem, just use the private insurance you have now. This is only an option you have in a more competitive market. Who can argue with that?
Makes sense to me…
Tags: health care
- Our work progresses. Talking Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). https://t.co/wAG1WSHriQ_______ 3 days ago
- @SalesforceDevs any chance you are tackling HUD’s HMIS like you did with housing counseling and myhomekeeper.org?_______ 1 week ago
- “When people’s basic needs are met, violence goes down.” twitter.com/lisc_hq/status…_______ 2 weeks ago
- Save a life and give.@CarterBloodCare https://t.co/nOCHsKjBn3_______ 3 weeks ago
- I wish whatever the 0% battery on the iPad consequence was the same for everything because it’s the one thing the kid never forgets._______ 3 weeks ago