It’s no secret how I feel about flying. I can’t even count how many times I’ve been on a plane just this year. I was getting better about it but I had one of my “I’m going to die” panic attacks the other day. They happen from time to time. This one was from reading the paper and seeing Jon Stewart turning 40 something. I suddenly though god, I’m going to be 40 one day and then I’m going to be getting older and closer to death. And that’s how it goes. Something reminds me of my mortality and I have the panic attack for a few days until I forget about it again.
Every little dangerous activity sets off the little panic button in my mind.
- RT @DentonCountyTX: In the second Community Conversation and Campaign Kickoff, this time in southern Denton County, a panel discusses @Unit…_______ 4 days ago
- RT @UnitedWayDenton: “Helping people stay housed is better than trying to help people get off the street.” @danishaw #UNITED4DentonCounty…_______ 4 days ago
- The first #CDBG construction project I will oversee from start to finish thanks to my fabulous Community Developmen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 1 week ago
- My new mantra for solving complex social issues, “This is not checkers; this is motherf’in chess.” -Ben Horowitz in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 1 week ago
- RT @MarciPritts: “It’s the nonprofits that have the skill sets to solve problems in Denton County.” - Donna Barron, City Manager of @Lewisv…_______ 1 week ago