I returned from the best Kerrville in my six years on Monday and turned right around to Dallas to help M and Ad’s with their final move. I am actually taking my a break in several days to finally sit for a moment and think.
I’ve gotten lost the past few days. I haven’t done much else these last few days. Yesterday I went to East Texas to present my least favorite training on child protection. Most of the trainings I provide are easy enough to perform almost without any effort at all but this particular subject carries some very weighty messages and it never fails that I tear up at least once. But I still don’t have to think.
So I have tucked myself up neatly, boxed my own emotions and carried little bits of another’s life onto a truck. Some even resembling parts of my own past. I’ll be seeing M off in her new life with Ad’s. I thought about leaving early today to avoid the inevitable goodbye but alas I am here waiting for the goodbye that makes me so sad.
- Head of Dallas Homeless Response System Resigns dmagazine.com/frontburner/20…_______ 1 day ago
- RT @courtneyamcross: Spent time raising awareness about #homelessness in #DentonCounty over the weekend. Raised a few bucks for a new, solu…_______ 2 days ago
- RT @TexasObserver: Unlike most states, Texas essentially gives state legislators veto power over affordable housing in their districts. Now…_______ 2 weeks ago
- RT @priaribi: What A Day is out! Leading today is the news of a citizenship question being added to the 2020 census, and why that's a huge…_______ 3 weeks ago
- @courtneyamcross, a case for foundations to fund a policy think tank? twitter.com/resourcegen/st…_______ 4 weeks ago