I returned from the best Kerrville in my six years on Monday and turned right around to Dallas to help M and Ad’s with their final move. I am actually taking my a break in several days to finally sit for a moment and think.
I’ve gotten lost the past few days. I haven’t done much else these last few days. Yesterday I went to East Texas to present my least favorite training on child protection. Most of the trainings I provide are easy enough to perform almost without any effort at all but this particular subject carries some very weighty messages and it never fails that I tear up at least once. But I still don’t have to think.
So I have tucked myself up neatly, boxed my own emotions and carried little bits of another’s life onto a truck. Some even resembling parts of my own past. I’ll be seeing M off in her new life with Ad’s. I thought about leaving early today to avoid the inevitable goodbye but alas I am here waiting for the goodbye that makes me so sad.
- All set to leave the Island and we are being treated to nice wintery mix. #onlyinTexas https://t.co/k9SAyXgw5t_______ 2 weeks ago
- This is becoming one of my favorite annual reads ow.ly/fdJT30hoG6Z via @p2173 #Blueprint2018 https://t.co/Em0cr9ih28_______ 3 weeks ago
- Researchers should write two reports, one to show off to their fellow researchers about how smart they are (validit… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…_______ 3 weeks ago
- I am as a little behind on my Christmas decorations but I finally finished the wreath with my favorite “outdoorsy”… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…_______ 1 month ago
- Sometimes I am glad there is not the ellipse bubble on my work email._______ 1 month ago