I returned from the best Kerrville in my six years on Monday and turned right around to Dallas to help M and Ad’s with their final move. I am actually taking my a break in several days to finally sit for a moment and think.
I’ve gotten lost the past few days. I haven’t done much else these last few days. Yesterday I went to East Texas to present my least favorite training on child protection. Most of the trainings I provide are easy enough to perform almost without any effort at all but this particular subject carries some very weighty messages and it never fails that I tear up at least once. But I still don’t have to think.
So I have tucked myself up neatly, boxed my own emotions and carried little bits of another’s life onto a truck. Some even resembling parts of my own past. I’ll be seeing M off in her new life with Ad’s. I thought about leaving early today to avoid the inevitable goodbye but alas I am here waiting for the goodbye that makes me so sad.
- The only way to break the habit of procrastinating is to create a habit of starting. @melrobbins_______ 13 hours ago
- Abbott, Patrick “strayed from their pro-business, small government roots into something...more like a populist, div… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…_______ 22 hours ago
- This interactive tool was great. twitter.com/courtneyamcros…_______ 1 week ago
- RT @JanaMBurns: 500+ coming together to collaborate around ending homelessness. TEA, R10, THEO, THN #endtxhomelessness https://t.co/cO6gNgI…_______ 2 weeks ago
- All CoC’s in TX should form coalition on Housing Policy to be proactive in increasing housing options for all @TXHomeNet #EndTXHomelessness_______ 2 weeks ago