The power of prayer
this is a question that has been on my mind lately…
If you are a working for a nonprofit and are soliciting donations, what is the appropriate professional response to a person who says “I am going to pray about this a let you know tomorrow”?
Another question i have is if they do not call, should you even follow up? Is there anything you should/could do that trumps God’s answer to his/her prayer?
I wonder if it is just a another way to say no without saying no. ouch.
If it’s genuine, then I am also not sure I am comfortable with the implication that if you decide not to give after prayer that you might be saying God doesn’t like the organization that I am working so hard to grow.
How do you handle this in your organization?
- Saw your face on a billboard on my way to work today, @susannng. Made me miss your face for real. Wish I could be there Thursday._______ 3 days ago
- My first pottery class. Thanks too dcab_67 @ Craft Guild of Dallas instagram.com/p/Bsiv9OkHE8GS…_______ 6 days ago
- RT @dianeyentel: UPDATE: We identified and mapped all expired (or soon to expire) @HUDgov contracts for affordable housing. Together, the d…_______ 1 week ago
- A good reminder "Factfulness is recognizing that many things (including people, countries, religions, and cultures)… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 1 week ago
- “All of these changes in the national political and policy realm mark a sharp reversal after many years of successf… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 1 month ago