on marriage and prop 8
From the Dallas Observer blog a commentor offer this:
“I’m one of those libertarian whackjobs who think the government should get out of marriage. Marriage is a religious institution. Anything else is special form of legal partnership/civil union. The government should offer a standard legal partnership/civil union contract. Anything that does not fit that contract would have to be drawn up on their own (preferably with a good family law attorney).”
I am not a libertarian whackjob but it sums up my opinion perfectly. Other than that, I am pretty sick of the issue and more importantly how it is used almost exclusively as a political wedge. I’d much rather legislators concern themselves with the economy in light of the 32% loss my retirement account has suffered in the last 5 months.
oh, and, Separation of church and state is an illusion.
- RT @mashable: This keyboard looks like a typewriter and you need this now https://t.co/DBjqP3k3Ge_______ 1 day ago
- Stellar idea. twitter.com/NPR/status/109…_______ 1 week ago
- @housingTX I am on episode 3. Lots of good stuff in there._______ 2 weeks ago
- RT @briggsfordenton: A BIG THANK YOU to the 75 volunteers and staff that helped with today’s homeless point in time count across Denton Cou…_______ 3 weeks ago
- #DenCoCounts twitter.com/m_j_doherty/st…_______ 4 weeks ago