on marriage and prop 8
From the Dallas Observer blog a commentor offer this:
“I’m one of those libertarian whackjobs who think the government should get out of marriage. Marriage is a religious institution. Anything else is special form of legal partnership/civil union. The government should offer a standard legal partnership/civil union contract. Anything that does not fit that contract would have to be drawn up on their own (preferably with a good family law attorney).”
I am not a libertarian whackjob but it sums up my opinion perfectly. Other than that, I am pretty sick of the issue and more importantly how it is used almost exclusively as a political wedge. I’d much rather legislators concern themselves with the economy in light of the 32% loss my retirement account has suffered in the last 5 months.
oh, and, Separation of church and state is an illusion.
- My new definition of aging is pulling a muscle but not remembering how._______ 3 days ago
- Clarity is the new creativity. @donaldmiller https://t.co/82WsDENX3N_______ 3 days ago
- RT @WebbSteffanie: Awesome job!!!! @cvmsart #prideinside #LISDCulture twitter.com/cvmsart/status…_______ 2 weeks ago
- heard on the pod, @danpfeiffer says democrats are the spinach party and how do you get people to like spinach? In t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…_______ 1 month ago
- Head of Dallas Homeless Response System Resigns dmagazine.com/frontburner/20…_______ 1 month ago