on marriage and prop 8
From the Dallas Observer blog a commentor offer this:
“I’m one of those libertarian whackjobs who think the government should get out of marriage. Marriage is a religious institution. Anything else is special form of legal partnership/civil union. The government should offer a standard legal partnership/civil union contract. Anything that does not fit that contract would have to be drawn up on their own (preferably with a good family law attorney).”
I am not a libertarian whackjob but it sums up my opinion perfectly. Other than that, I am pretty sick of the issue and more importantly how it is used almost exclusively as a political wedge. I’d much rather legislators concern themselves with the economy in light of the 32% loss my retirement account has suffered in the last 5 months.
oh, and, Separation of church and state is an illusion.
- "A major barrier is the number of citizens who are eligible for benefits, but are unaware they qualify. Or if they… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 3 weeks ago
- Camping and the weather is beautiful. @ Possum Kingdom State Park instagram.com/p/BwdaYqwHMNZk…_______ 1 month ago
- This is fantastic. twitter.com/mashable/statu…_______ 1 month ago
- The fights worth having. twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/…_______ 1 month ago
- "The report estimates that child poverty costs us $800 billion to $1.1 trillion every year due to increased crime,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 2 months ago