on marriage and prop 8
From the Dallas Observer blog a commentor offer this:
“I’m one of those libertarian whackjobs who think the government should get out of marriage. Marriage is a religious institution. Anything else is special form of legal partnership/civil union. The government should offer a standard legal partnership/civil union contract. Anything that does not fit that contract would have to be drawn up on their own (preferably with a good family law attorney).”
I am not a libertarian whackjob but it sums up my opinion perfectly. Other than that, I am pretty sick of the issue and more importantly how it is used almost exclusively as a political wedge. I’d much rather legislators concern themselves with the economy in light of the 32% loss my retirement account has suffered in the last 5 months.
oh, and, Separation of church and state is an illusion.
- RT @ArtAcevedo: Heart-wrenching loss. Heaven gained a servant doing God’s work. She laid down her life while attempting to arrest a suspect…_______ 4 hours ago
- Fall in Texas instagram.com/p/B5L3QCQHpcRa…_______ 2 weeks ago
- RT @Amy_Boughton: Grand Nats Prelims for @TheHebronBand will get underway in a couple of hours. I’m so excited to see our @Hebron_HS band p…_______ 3 weeks ago
- I just accidentally shredded my fortune cookie fortune. I hope that’s not like 15 years of bad luck or something._______ 1 month ago
- Double your gift instantly! twitter.com/cityofdentontx…_______ 1 month ago