on marriage and prop 8
From the Dallas Observer blog a commentor offer this:
“I’m one of those libertarian whackjobs who think the government should get out of marriage. Marriage is a religious institution. Anything else is special form of legal partnership/civil union. The government should offer a standard legal partnership/civil union contract. Anything that does not fit that contract would have to be drawn up on their own (preferably with a good family law attorney).”
I am not a libertarian whackjob but it sums up my opinion perfectly. Other than that, I am pretty sick of the issue and more importantly how it is used almost exclusively as a political wedge. I’d much rather legislators concern themselves with the economy in light of the 32% loss my retirement account has suffered in the last 5 months.
oh, and, Separation of church and state is an illusion.
- Housing is health care. twitter.com/npr/status/103…_______ 11 hours ago
- Yes, vital infrastructure: data twitter.com/Philanthropy/s…_______ 4 days ago
- Oh, the time I would save with something like this. twitter.com/CodeForDenver/…_______ 1 week ago
- RT @codeforamerica: Open STL making visible the affordable housing options for homeless residents. Engineers are scraping craigslist & apar…_______ 1 week ago
- @garyhenderson twitter.com/soljourno/stat…_______ 1 week ago