on marriage and prop 8
From the Dallas Observer blog a commentor offer this:
“I’m one of those libertarian whackjobs who think the government should get out of marriage. Marriage is a religious institution. Anything else is special form of legal partnership/civil union. The government should offer a standard legal partnership/civil union contract. Anything that does not fit that contract would have to be drawn up on their own (preferably with a good family law attorney).”
I am not a libertarian whackjob but it sums up my opinion perfectly. Other than that, I am pretty sick of the issue and more importantly how it is used almost exclusively as a political wedge. I’d much rather legislators concern themselves with the economy in light of the 32% loss my retirement account has suffered in the last 5 months.
oh, and, Separation of church and state is an illusion.
- RT @AlexDanielsCOP: 9 Funds Join to Provide $10 Million for Low-Cost Housing Campaigns philanthropy.com/article/9-Fund… via @Philanthropy_______ 4 days ago
- A good thread on using data and its context. twitter.com/mattyglesias/s…_______ 1 week ago
- RT @caitbayer: Finished day 1 of our first @BuiltforZero Learning Session! @ldsmeier & @danishaw showed off their innovation, curiosity, an…_______ 2 weeks ago
- Whenever you get to a problem you think you can’t solve, just add “yet” to the end of sentence. #growthmindset_______ 2 weeks ago
- Today’s take away is listening to @cmtysolutions talk about studying how small pox was eradicated to understand how… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…_______ 2 weeks ago