on marriage and prop 8
From the Dallas Observer blog a commentor offer this:
“I’m one of those libertarian whackjobs who think the government should get out of marriage. Marriage is a religious institution. Anything else is special form of legal partnership/civil union. The government should offer a standard legal partnership/civil union contract. Anything that does not fit that contract would have to be drawn up on their own (preferably with a good family law attorney).”
I am not a libertarian whackjob but it sums up my opinion perfectly. Other than that, I am pretty sick of the issue and more importantly how it is used almost exclusively as a political wedge. I’d much rather legislators concern themselves with the economy in light of the 32% loss my retirement account has suffered in the last 5 months.
oh, and, Separation of church and state is an illusion.
- .@courtneyamcross , look at the costs 30-day pilot program around downtown homeless shelter begins bit.ly/2wbTaPK via @KXAN_News_______ 1 day ago
- I recommend reading without the statement from the Secretary. Worst Case Housing Needs 2017 Report to Congress bit.ly/2hZSRCh_______ 5 days ago
- RT @jkwilsiii: When did our state leaders decide to shift school funding to local property owners? @dentonisd 2017 state share of funding i…_______ 1 week ago
- My state's sad race to the bottom in yet another category via @TexasTribune twitter.com/aliyyaswaby/st…_______ 2 weeks ago
- How companies can invest in Community Development. twitter.com/benhecht/statu…_______ 2 weeks ago