on marriage and prop 8
From the Dallas Observer blog a commentor offer this:
“I’m one of those libertarian whackjobs who think the government should get out of marriage. Marriage is a religious institution. Anything else is special form of legal partnership/civil union. The government should offer a standard legal partnership/civil union contract. Anything that does not fit that contract would have to be drawn up on their own (preferably with a good family law attorney).”
I am not a libertarian whackjob but it sums up my opinion perfectly. Other than that, I am pretty sick of the issue and more importantly how it is used almost exclusively as a political wedge. I’d much rather legislators concern themselves with the economy in light of the 32% loss my retirement account has suffered in the last 5 months.
oh, and, Separation of church and state is an illusion.
- And we are fucking proud of you too, Beto. twitter.com/TexasTribune/s…_______ 1 week ago
- The question and the tension, “How does a neighborhood evolve, grow, and thrive, all while honoring the history of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 1 week ago
- Said the most obviousheadline ever... @brennancenter brennancenter.org/blog/state-sup…_______ 1 week ago
- Transit policy is housing policy, is education policy, is economic policy, is racial policy, is... #ttevents_______ 2 weeks ago
- Tonight’s discussion, @TexasTribune Roundtable Series: What's Next for Housing Affordability? https://t.co/IJG5oi3LQ8_______ 2 weeks ago