on marriage and prop 8
From the Dallas Observer blog a commentor offer this:
“I’m one of those libertarian whackjobs who think the government should get out of marriage. Marriage is a religious institution. Anything else is special form of legal partnership/civil union. The government should offer a standard legal partnership/civil union contract. Anything that does not fit that contract would have to be drawn up on their own (preferably with a good family law attorney).”
I am not a libertarian whackjob but it sums up my opinion perfectly. Other than that, I am pretty sick of the issue and more importantly how it is used almost exclusively as a political wedge. I’d much rather legislators concern themselves with the economy in light of the 32% loss my retirement account has suffered in the last 5 months.
oh, and, Separation of church and state is an illusion.
- Save a life and give.@CarterBloodCare https://t.co/nOCHsKjBn3_______ 2 hours ago
- I wish whatever the 0% battery on the iPad consequence was the same for everything because it’s the one thing the kid never forgets._______ 3 days ago
- Better! twitter.com/npquarterly/st…_______ 1 week ago
- @tomcrone77 here’s a guide to the ballot items progresstexas.org/blog/2017-stat… via @ProgressTX_______ 2 weeks ago
- RT @DentonCountyDA: Today is the last day of DV Awareness Month, but not the last day of Domestic Violence. We need you helping us every da…_______ 2 weeks ago