The game was playing on the radio. Reminded me of an old friend. I wish they were all closer. Once in a while I want to be able to call my closest friends and say ‘hey let’s go catch a movie’ or ‘how about dinner tonight’. It is the same wish I have occasionally for my family too. Another common theme appears in my life.
Friday, the straight republican girls called me to meet them at Patrice. I was surprised by the call but went and was glad for it. I had a fine time. Oh how they can drink.
Saturday took me to Livingston to see the conference center. The conference is coming sooner than I am ready. Most days I am plotting in my mind how the conference will look, rehearsing the details. It is scary when it falls all on my shoulders. Something always gets missed. I don’t know why. It’s not for a lack of planning, or work or even intelligence for I am in possession of these qualities at least to some degree. It’s almost like there has to be a snafu in order for it to be something I made. No accomplishment without a degree of failure.
Saturday evening I had the pleasure of seeing suSANG perform at a house concert. This has to be the greatest way to see people perform. She even brandished a banjo during a few songs. What a treat. I find it harder to engage people in this setting though.
Sunday I had all for myself.
Tags: live music
- "The report estimates that child poverty costs us $800 billion to $1.1 trillion every year due to increased crime,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 2 weeks ago
- RT @mashable: This keyboard looks like a typewriter and you need this now https://t.co/DBjqP3k3Ge_______ 1 month ago
- Stellar idea. twitter.com/NPR/status/109…_______ 1 month ago
- @housingTX I am on episode 3. Lots of good stuff in there._______ 1 month ago
- RT @briggsfordenton: A BIG THANK YOU to the 75 volunteers and staff that helped with today’s homeless point in time count across Denton Cou…_______ 1 month ago