In a surprise move by my boss yesterday, my position was eliminated and I was laid off. When the shock wears off I might have more to say. Right now, I am just reminding myself to breathe. in. out. in. out.
Today, I start a new job working for the Dallas AfterSchool Network.
It’s my LAST DAY with the ACA. On Monday, I start my new job with Dallas AfterSchool Network! My emotions are all over the place but the benefit of working a home is there is nobody here to see it. Of course that also means there is nobody to take me out for a free lunch 😦
It’s somewhat anti-climactic after 12 years of service to one organization.
I keep coming back to a handout that I was given at a meeting for work. I found a website with more detail, The 8 Step Process for Leading Change. This combined with Heifetz Leadership in a Crisis from Harvard Business Review inspires me with ideas for relationship management and social change especially for work in the areas of Membership Recruitment and Fund Development.
I just need time to really build some foundation and structure around this process and my ideas.
- “All of these changes in the national political and policy realm mark a sharp reversal after many years of successf… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 2 weeks ago
- If you eat three fortune cookies, do you get all three fortunes?_______ 2 weeks ago
- When Walmart became a community center... twitter.com/wfaa/status/10…_______ 2 weeks ago
- #ISupportTexasTribune because it is the nonpartisan, nonprofit, truth in journalism I love and it's #GivingTuesday trib.it/fmdgive2018_______ 2 weeks ago
- RT @DentonRC: DCTA is seeking a grant to provide lockers at the Monsignor King Outreach Center for people who are homeless to use to store…_______ 2 weeks ago