In a surprise move by my boss yesterday, my position was eliminated and I was laid off. When the shock wears off I might have more to say. Right now, I am just reminding myself to breathe. in. out. in. out.
Today, I start a new job working for the Dallas AfterSchool Network.
It’s my LAST DAY with the ACA. On Monday, I start my new job with Dallas AfterSchool Network! My emotions are all over the place but the benefit of working a home is there is nobody here to see it. Of course that also means there is nobody to take me out for a free lunch 😦
It’s somewhat anti-climactic after 12 years of service to one organization.
I keep coming back to a handout that I was given at a meeting for work. I found a website with more detail, The 8 Step Process for Leading Change. This combined with Heifetz Leadership in a Crisis from Harvard Business Review inspires me with ideas for relationship management and social change especially for work in the areas of Membership Recruitment and Fund Development.
I just need time to really build some foundation and structure around this process and my ideas.
- Sometimes I wish for the laziness of the like button for email._______ 1 day ago
- Today, foxes and some random bowls. #dimples #pottery newbie. @ Craft Guild of Dallas instagram.com/p/ByvUgEcHlQi3…_______ 1 month ago
- Sometimes your life is held together by a little duck tape and spit. But at least it is fairy duct tape. https://t.co/x0JYsrHzTM_______ 1 month ago
- RT @SmartGrowthUSA: "Building smaller, more affordable homes is difficult when regulatory costs are high, construction costs are going up,…_______ 1 month ago
- RT @cityofdentontx: "I wouldn't be able to stay here in this house if it wasn't for this program." The Home Improvement Program helps Dent…_______ 1 month ago