In a surprise move by my boss yesterday, my position was eliminated and I was laid off. When the shock wears off I might have more to say. Right now, I am just reminding myself to breathe. in. out. in. out.
Today, I start a new job working for the Dallas AfterSchool Network.
It’s my LAST DAY with the ACA. On Monday, I start my new job with Dallas AfterSchool Network! My emotions are all over the place but the benefit of working a home is there is nobody here to see it. Of course that also means there is nobody to take me out for a free lunch 😦
It’s somewhat anti-climactic after 12 years of service to one organization.
I keep coming back to a handout that I was given at a meeting for work. I found a website with more detail, The 8 Step Process for Leading Change. This combined with Heifetz Leadership in a Crisis from Harvard Business Review inspires me with ideas for relationship management and social change especially for work in the areas of Membership Recruitment and Fund Development.
I just need time to really build some foundation and structure around this process and my ideas.
- Excited, love Guy Ritchie movies. @TheGentlemen_______ 1 day ago
- She went to New Orleans and was never seen again...#gators @ Bourbon Street / French Quarter instagram.com/p/B7ev7UbnIIiQ…_______ 1 week ago
- BEcause" more-specific actions leave people happier, because it closes the gap between their expectations and the r… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 2 weeks ago
- RT @mboteach: Housing is a gender justice issue. That's why @nwlc is thrilled to announce we're joining the steering committee of @OppSta…_______ 2 weeks ago
- Trying out a little whimsy. #wolly #family #love “We are all in the gutter but some are of us a looking at the star… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 3 weeks ago