For me this is a strongly private issue. Like most, I’d rather not have something so deeply personal splashed around with such vitriol, or argued by my elected officials or debated by religious extremists. Who are they to say what is right or just? It’s no ones business but mine and those I love and care about. I’m not looking over your fence or peeking in your windows. I expect the same courtesies. Glass house my friends. I am not denying your freedoms. Don’t deny me my own. But, alas, that is not our world and because my message is personal it does not have the weight of objectiveness and therefore is lost on those who object.
I saw this video posted around the interwebs lately and I think it’s a “key message”, a “sound bite” that has some merit and hopefully some chance of reaching more fearful and confused minds. Representative Steve Simon, I applaud your bravery, your impassioned words and I thank you for being a voice of reason in an unreasonable dialogue.
A video for Social Change I like:
How can you not love a Panda? …Because we are all connected.
My imagination is running wild with possibilities:
So much for my yurt fantasies…this one lets you go gypsy.
- My first bosses day. Now my Darth Vader has something to fill his head with... #myteamisthebest @ Denton, Texas instagram.com/p/B3sR-hen2GQf…_______ 2 days ago
- Public-private partnerships are vital but they take real work. It takes intentional oversight and duel accountabili… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 5 days ago
- Who knew moral philosophy could be so amazingly funny. I love this show. via @voxdotcom vox.com/platform/amp/f…_______ 5 days ago
- RT @UnitedWayDenton: You can promote housing stability & self-sufficiency for families in crisis with a donation to the #DentonCounty #Home…_______ 1 week ago
- RT @cityofdentontx: The City of Denton and our community partners are collaboratively addressing homelessness. To learn more, please watch…_______ 1 week ago