For me this is a strongly private issue. Like most, I’d rather not have something so deeply personal splashed around with such vitriol, or argued by my elected officials or debated by religious extremists. Who are they to say what is right or just? It’s no ones business but mine and those I love and care about. I’m not looking over your fence or peeking in your windows. I expect the same courtesies. Glass house my friends. I am not denying your freedoms. Don’t deny me my own. But, alas, that is not our world and because my message is personal it does not have the weight of objectiveness and therefore is lost on those who object.
I saw this video posted around the interwebs lately and I think it’s a “key message”, a “sound bite” that has some merit and hopefully some chance of reaching more fearful and confused minds. Representative Steve Simon, I applaud your bravery, your impassioned words and I thank you for being a voice of reason in an unreasonable dialogue.
A video for Social Change I like:
How can you not love a Panda? …Because we are all connected.
My imagination is running wild with possibilities:
So much for my yurt fantasies…this one lets you go gypsy.
- “for the first time would get more than just the rental subsidy. They would also be given information on which neig… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 1 week ago
- RT @danpfeiffer: This tweet perfectly summarizes America in 2019 twitter.com/atrupar/status…_______ 1 week ago
- RT @CityLab: New research shows how housing and income inequality reinforce one another, effectively splitting the U.S. into two different…_______ 2 weeks ago
- Sometimes I wish for the laziness of the like button for email._______ 1 month ago
- Today, foxes and some random bowls. #dimples #pottery newbie. @ Craft Guild of Dallas instagram.com/p/ByvUgEcHlQi3…_______ 2 months ago