For me this is a strongly private issue. Like most, I’d rather not have something so deeply personal splashed around with such vitriol, or argued by my elected officials or debated by religious extremists. Who are they to say what is right or just? It’s no ones business but mine and those I love and care about. I’m not looking over your fence or peeking in your windows. I expect the same courtesies. Glass house my friends. I am not denying your freedoms. Don’t deny me my own. But, alas, that is not our world and because my message is personal it does not have the weight of objectiveness and therefore is lost on those who object.
I saw this video posted around the interwebs lately and I think it’s a “key message”, a “sound bite” that has some merit and hopefully some chance of reaching more fearful and confused minds. Representative Steve Simon, I applaud your bravery, your impassioned words and I thank you for being a voice of reason in an unreasonable dialogue.
A video for Social Change I like:
How can you not love a Panda? …Because we are all connected.
My imagination is running wild with possibilities:
So much for my yurt fantasies…this one lets you go gypsy.
- At the #tx24 debate. Shout out to @CHSCampusNews for excellent twitter coverage of the event. https://t.co/XQ5C6s9ikI_______ 2 weeks ago
- @courtneyamcross This line..."families were bled dry by landlords, hospital administrators, university bursars, and child-care centers."_______ 2 weeks ago
- So proud that the City's CDBG funding could help support the Denton Community Food Center's project to provide food… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…_______ 2 weeks ago
- Seething and perfectly on point. twitter.com/greenhousenyt/…_______ 2 weeks ago
- RT @cityofdentontx: ¡La encuesta de necesidades para el Plan consolidado 2020-2022 debe completarse antes del 31 de enero de 2020! La Ciuda…_______ 3 weeks ago