I’m back. Sixteen days in the most amazing country I’ve seen so far in my life. It just showed me how much I’ve not seen yet.
a small list of what I did while I was away…
- hiked towering and winding trails to the tops of the highest mountains
- breathed air blowing off the Grand Tetons
- waded in water so clear and cold that my feet ached and I ached from the joy of it
- watched Old Faithful blow her top
- felt the heat and spray from geysers
- saw a bear and her two cubs
- saw a wolf
- saw a bighorn sheep and multiple mountain goats
- saw a hoary marmot
- played with a chipmunk who liked to touch my pen
- held the waters of glacier in my hands and felt them between my toes
- slept in my sleeping bag and my mummy slip in July
- swam and played in Flathead Lake so clear that if you dropped a quarter in thirty feet of water, you could still see Washington’s head. I saw it exactly like this.
- woke up with the sun casting its light over a lake shadowed by mountains without having to move from where I slept
- wrote, wrote and wrote some more
I wish you all could have been there. Really I do.